What is Coaching?
Helping in your transition
Coaching is the process of using thought-provoking conversations to help someone become aware of his/her thought patterns, values and beliefs and understand how these are hindering or helping him/her achieve a goal.
For me, a coach is a neutral sounding board to reflect back a client’s thoughts and values with the objective of understanding what to do more or less of – to move closer to what they want.
More Questions Answered
What is a Transition?
In his book, Managing Transitions published in 1991, William Bridges, a change consultant, created a Transition Model.
The model focuses on transitions and not on change. He explains how change is something that happens to people even if they do not want it or do not agree with it. Meanwhile, a transition is internal and happens as a mental process as individuals experience change. While change can happen very quickly, a transition requires more time.
Bridges’ Transition Model talks about three stages:
- Endings – Letting go (Managing the losses)
- Neutral Zone – The in-between (Realigning psychological patterns – Confusion – Distress)
- New Beginnings – Going in a new direction (Reorientation and Renewal)
What is Transition Coaching?
“Not in his goals but in his transitions, man is great.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Transition Coaching is the process where I work with you, as your Transition Coach, to understand your deep values and beliefs and help you create a life that aligns with them – so you can find a path to happiness.
With me as your Transition Coach, you will have supportive, neutral and constructive conversations to help you maximise on your strengths and achieve a life that is in line with your values, passions and priorities.
Why do you need a Transition Coach?
Change is present in every sphere of life. And it is not always easy or straightforward to go from one situation to another. Sometimes, even the most desired and planned changes in life can bring unexpected surprises – for us but as well for other people in our lives.
As you plan or navigate through a transition, coaching will help you stop, analyse and reflect so that you can take a step back to get a better understanding of what is going on and also to become clearer as to where you want to go and how to get there. You will have more control over your own life.
Transitions I work with
My area of focus is to work on transitions that are related to the world of work such as:
- a stay-at-home parent who wants to explore new work possibilities around his/her children
- an individual whose work circumstances has changed during the pandemic and who want to explore a new way of working
- change in career direction
- starting a new job
- starting one’s own business
- preparing for a promotion
- retiring from a role
Whatever your new challenge; Transition Coaching provides you with the essential support you need to reach your inner potential and to take control of your own success and happiness.
Transition Coaching will help you with:
- Getting clarity in your career direction
- Identifying your passions and values to incorporate them in your life
- Developing a better awareness of yourself
- Increasing your trust in your own capabilities
- Explore your thoughts and gain clarity to create the life you want and that matches with what you value in life.